Skip to main content

Healthy Breakfast Recipe you can try with your kids

Like any mum I wanted to cook wonderful, creative and healthy meals for my kiddo. Even my Kid was never a fussy eater but I liked to make fancy, decorative and eye appealing meals/ snacks. But soon started to realize more I prepared Jazzed-up meals for him his expectation too increased there were times when I gave him simple dal, roti and he would make faces. Let’s face it such meals can only be prepared once or twice in a week not everyday! We mums already have so much to accomplish everyday! So here, are my simple yet delicious two recipe’s that appeal to kids eyes and help those taste buds to develop. These 2 recipe's can be combined to be served as a healthy breakfast.  This is usually our Sunday Breakfast! Recipe 1- Kryptonite Parantha/ Palak ka Parantha:  This name is given by my son and it’s his fav parantha because of the color, ofcourse and also it has power to defeat even Superman. Ingredients Required: Spinach/Palak- 500gms Garlic- 2/3 clo

Insecurities of a Working Mother

This article was way to important for me, had been waiting to write it down way before I even started thinking about blogging, yet this one took me the longest time maybe I am way too close to this topic and was continuously in search of the right tone to write about it. I wanted to be so perfect that somehow I was loosing my inner voice and true emotions. So today, I decided to let go of all apprehensions and write my heart out…
So this article may offend a few people, or may have grammatical errors, syntax can be wrong but I am sure you will get the semantics.


I had emotionally rough pregnancy definitely not the cinematic version that I had imagined since my child hood it was way worse…somehow it passed and as Kabbir was born my worst nightmare began (which I can tell you all maybe in my next blog post). The Japa, the breastfeeding, the inconsolable new born crying his lungs out along with continuous pressure from the in laws to breastfeed the new born even when I was unable to feed due to lack of breast milk and what not. The time where I needed much support from my family, my husband was not allowed in our bedroom even to help me with the baby. First two months were a complete nightmare, I still get jitters thinking about. Yet somehow I always thought I will be able to catch some breathe as soon as I will join the Office. I loved my work what better job you can have than conceptualizing mobile apps, drafting their requirements and being the bridge between designers and developers to generate a product.

Three months passed and I was supposed to join then came the debate: maternity leave for 3 or 6 months??? The guilt of leaving my new born had set in & I extended the leave for 3 months which my office was quite welcoming they gave me content job to work on from home so that I remain connected to them.

But , even if the leave was for 6 months I was not sure I can go to office without being guilty about it?
And i was right.

We often see our clock as a measure for judging a parent, How much time do we spent with our kids is usually the measure of how good the parent we are.
The more time spent the better!
I went to office once a week, but that one day was not just full of guilt but was also accompanied by my fears. We often say we left our job or gave up working for our kids or our kids “needed” us but with years I have understood it is not our kids that needed us but we needed to be in a guilt free zone where we are not labeled as moms that chose their career before their kids or we wanted to be that “perfect” mom which everyone is gushing about.


No doubt we need help nobody cannot be perfect juggling two full time jobs (one being a mother, other being your career) at once but then too I feared that the help might not be perfect, I tried to make up for whatever I could do before going to work even though I had help, I feared somebody else putting stuff in my kids head which might end up making me a “bad” mom.

 I remember that time clearly this was the biggest low point of my life. I had low self-esteem & lacked confidence for the longest time. I thought about home when I was at the office and felt I was not giving my best at the office while I was at home with my baby. The feeling of doing everything and achieving everything took a toll on me I was hyper, anxious, confused, tired and angry the whole time, which took a toll on my health too.

Even though I had a maid I still bathed my kid, prepared his food, sterilized his bottles, boiled the water for his formula milk did every possible thing before even the maid came, and even took care of my house duties so that my mil or sometimes my nosey neighbors could not pin point anything. I was always trying to compensate my absence and be what others may call as a Super Mom!
It took me the longest time to realize how important it is to do what was right for me and my family and these people that I was so concerned about had opinion even after doing almost EVERYTHING.


Such feeling of insecurity is a more common sight than I thought when my peers and friends went through the same phase.

Common questions that came in my mind:
1.       Will my child forget me?
2.       Will he be more closer to his caregiver ?

The answer is only this,
A mother will always be a mother period!

This is what every working mother needs to know:

1.     People might call you bad mumma or people might put something in your child brain about you but you will always be his mother no one else can take your place. And we need to understand kids can adjust to any situation we put them in. It is us that need to feel secure within our skin and have our priorities straight, one more thing we should not be afraid to ask/ demand for support as raising a kid can be a job for village.

Do not forget to ask for help!

2.   I know motherhood can be overwhelming but we need to understand nobody can be perfect. Pregnancy, nursing can drain last bit of energy, we don’t need anything more to worry about. We just need to be more perceptive, a messy home is just a messy home.

Stop being critical to yourself 
and
Give yourself more credit for what you do

3. Talk or reach out to other moms, this has definitely put me at a better place knowing I was not alone we all may have different paths to walk, different stories to tell but we have one common thing,

we love our children and want best for them.

4. Clock is not or cannot be the measure for judging a parent. It is just a myth, the more you spent time with your kids more the better. We obviously need to spend time interacting with our kids and make that count. A housewife can be doing chores while kids can be playing a video game. I felt when I was at the office even for 4-5 hours I was always eager to get back home and felt much closer to my kids than being at home 24*7 with him,


Clock cannot be the measure to judge a parent.

5. And after leaving my job I even started craving for adult company too, the only social life that I have is/was through the social media I have my accounts
on.

So go ahead have a girls night!
      
So working mothers stop trying to compensate and start enjoying your life. Be comfortable and pride yourself for giving a shot at motherhood along with your career. Remember only a few has mastered this art and you are One Of Them.

Enjoy your Imperfections.
Xoxoxo
-That Imperfect Mom



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Motherhood Changed Me

Don’t we all wish motherhood would come with a Little Black Book which could help us cheat whenever Life gets tough.  Even after 4 years of being a mom, there are time where i still feel like a new mom all anxious and confused, who could not sleep for 7 days straight when she first held her son, Kabbir. But isn’t it ironic that those Groundhog Day’s in a mom’s life are the ones that taught me the most and helped me grow. Motherhood has changed my life in profound ways… So here are my top 10 ways Motherhood has changed my life. 10. Rome wasn’t built in a day: Motherhood has definitely helped me understand the Phrase “Rome wasn’t built in a day”. We may have N number of things to do at one time, you may have a house to clean, a toy rampage to organize or a clingy toddler who would not just settle, a sink full of dishes and millions of house chores to finish but I have understood motherhood is EXHAUSTING.It takes time but I have learnt to relax and say it is OKAY!  Yes

Staying Connected with Grandparents

What do you remember about your childhood? Playing around with your friends, your school, school friends, summer / winter vacations, meeting your cousins and last but definitely not the least your time spent with your Grandparents. We used to live in a Nuclear Family and my Dadu and Dadi lived in a different city but I remember my mom and dad making a point going to meet them and talk to them whenever they can. My Nanaji and Nani stayed in the same city and either we or they came to visit every week. The times may have changed but the love that grandparents share for their grandchild is and always will remain the same. Even today when I close my eyes and remember the good times spent with them I remember stealing toffees that were kept under Dadu’s pillow, My Dadi teaching me acu-pressure benefits of folding hands and doing Namaste, I was so mesmerized by the speed by which my nani could knit even while she was talking to us or with her eyes closed and ofcourse my hea

Dare to Share, so that she can have a safe abortion!

Do we know that India legalised a Women right to abort way back in 1971.  The provision includes women under 18, as long as they have their guardian’s consent, and women made pregnant by rape. A woman doesn’t need the consent of her husband and can legally terminate at up to 20 weeks’ gestation.   Also t he procedure is allowed if her physical or mental health is under threat or the child that would be born would have “such physical or mental abnormalities as to be seriously handicapped”. One clause, however, is specifically reserved for married women: abortion because of contraceptive failure. Source: Google  But yet a women cannot go to a clinic to get a proper consultation about well being of her mind, body if she wants to get an abortion without being judged by her husband, doctors and even in her own eyes because of the Taboo created by our own society which includes us even. If she decides to have an abortion she is not less of a women! 6 months after delivering m